Sunday, August 21, 2011

Great church service!

Last night our church service was about sharing the Word of God with neighbors, strangers, friends and family.  I am basically going to copy straight off of my notes because I thought all of this was such good information.
85% of Americans would accept an invitation to a Christian even or worship, but only 2% of Christians ever invite others.
92% of U.S. adults say they believe in God
84% of U.S. adults describe themselves as Christians
48% of U.S. adults believe we can go to heaven by doing good works

Wow, if only we were all bold enough to just ask!  It is hard sometimes to talk to a person about God when they have already been scarred by bad experiences, but there are so many people all around us that may have never had any relationship with God and are just waiting for someone to show them what they are missing.  I don't have a lot of bible verses memorized but I have story after story of the amazing things that God has done in my life.  He has directly answered my prayers in the most amazing ways!
I am going to try and be more bold this year and tell people about all of the things that God is doing in my life and share His love with those who don't have a personal relationship with God.

"In today's culture, people don't need to be told they are going to hell, they need to be shown how to get to heaven." Pastor Don during this weekend's message.

1 comment: