Saturday, December 31, 2011

To you....

I'm not going to recap my whole year (most of it is blogged anyways) but I will say that next year holds a lot of excitement for us! I won't even try to guess where we will be this time next year but that's what makes life adventurous! I want to get closer to God as I try to be a better wife, mother, and worker and I think that's going to be my continued focus. 
If you're reading this, you might be planning your New Years resolutions in your head, or reminiscing about this year and years passed.  But I want to say that even if I don't know you, I pray for everyone who reads my blog.  I pray that you will know how amazing God made you. I pray that you take a minute to ask God, no matter what your relationship is with him, that he will show you his plans for your life, that he will help you.  If you are going through a tougher time now, just know that this is part of a bigger plan.  A great example of this is to think of your life as mosaic tiles.  The white and light colored tiles are the wonderful, happy times - and the dark tiles... well you know.  But in the end there is a beautiful, full picture.  You see that without every single tile on the board, light and dark, you would not have the same picture in the end. 

If you are a full time mommy, keep doing what you need to do.  You are growing and shaping your kids and teaching them the most from example.  Even if it seems like no one notices what you do every day, they will.  There are moms all over the world who are putting themselves on the backburner to enrich their family and years down the road you will see the pay off! God wants you to do what you are called to do, not what your husband thanks you for, or what the easiest thing is to do.  Remember to get dressed in the morning, do your hair, and put on some makeup.  This will really help you feel like  you're still you, and you're husband will look forward to seeing his beautiful wife at the end of a hard day.
Many of you moms work and don't spend the majority of your day entertaining tots.  I know you wish that you could, but you're doing what you are supposed to be doing also.  Providing for your family is so incredibly important and you're children will love you for it.  They always know who mommy is though so don't think you're not teaching them because you are.  And just remember that the grass is always greener on the other side.  There is plenty of hardships, stress, and frustration when working at home. I really miss having co-workers, and going to lunch and getting to enjoy my home as a haven instead of a workplace. If you have a deep desire or longing to be in a different situation, don't be afraid to pray for it! God doesn't always give you an answer that you were wanting, but it's probably because his is better. Just keep knowing that you are doing the right thing (and by the way, I haven't met a mom who doesn't have 'mommy guilt' just about every day - it's usually just in our heads).

If you are curious to take a leap of faith in a certain area of your life and want to know where God leads you, I think you'd be surprised to find out just how much good he wants for you. I will keep on praying for you all and thank you all for your encouragement to me. I love you all and hope that wherever you are you know that someone is praying for you.
Happy New Year!  Love, Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment