Friday, July 1, 2011

Proverbs 31 (tomorrow I will catch up on 1 and 2)

Proverbs 31 is my very favorite Proverb! It talks about the "wife of noble character".  Oh for those Stay at Home Mommies this is what we need for encouragement! "...Her husband has full confidence in her.." which means she makes sound decisions and is wise with what she deals with. "...She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family..."  I am the first one to admit how much I complain about how early I have to get up for the baby, but really, I could be getting up before the baby and spend some time preparing for my day so that it is less stressful on me and everyone else.  "...She sets about her work vigorously..."  We all know that being a Stay at Home Mom can be a somewhat overlooked job and maybe a little bit under-appreciated but when we make it a point to be a noble woman for God it makes it just a little bit easier.  At least for me, I know that God sees everything I am doing and I know that my daughter is watching me constantly as well and picking up on my routines.  It's not wrong to want a "thank you" every now and then but it's not productive and will surely be a let down if all you're working towards is constant gratitude.  "...She is clothed in fine linen and purple..."  now I know we don't relate purple to wealth like they used to but this is such an important verse for wives, especially who stay home.  I spend countless days in pajamas, workout clothes, t-shirts, and my husband is probably wondering where that girl that he fell in love with went.  I really want to strive this year to wake up and get ready - make up, real clothes and all so that my husband doesn't have any reason to wish that the "old me" was still around!  Of course my favorite right  now is "...She makes linen garments and sells them..." hehe, alright I got one!!  And a few more: "...She can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household... Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her..."  And a great one to remember always for any women: "...Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting' but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised..."

No comments:

Post a Comment